EMILIA RADU Back
Junior researcher, PhD Student
Ecology, Taxonomy and Nature Conservation Centre
Institute of Biology - Bucharest
296 Splaiul Independentei, 060031 Bucharest, POBox 56-53, ROMANIA
Phone + 4 021 2219202, Fax + 4 021 2219071
(i) main field
-ecology; the structural the structural and functional analyze of the weed bed fauna invertebrate organisms from the aquatic ecosystems;
(ii) other fields
-draw in ecological education projects, that develop ecological education to various age groups at different socio-population levels;
-interested in landscape and ecological tourism studies to design the human attitude for implementing the concept of "sustainable development" at different socio-ecological scales;
-the management of natural protected areas networks;
-environmental impact studies and ecological restoration projects of the various types of damaged areas;
-the study of different groups of aquatic macrophytes and the Mollusca group.
· Diploma in Biology at the Faculty of Biology, Bucharest University (2002 - 2006)
· Masteral Degree in Systemic Ecology and Sustainable Development, at Systemic Ecology and Sustainable Development Department, Bucharest University ( 2006 -2008)
· PhD activity: PhD of Bucharest University, Systemic Ecology and Sustainable Development Department (since September 2008)
· Present position in Institute of Biology Bucharest: Scientific Research Assistant (2007-present time)
· Curses/ Preparing post-universitary trainings:
1. The "Strategies for adaptation to stress - the condition or survival factor for biodiversity" course, Institute of Biology Bucharest (November 2007)
2. “Training in environmental planning and sustainable development”: Austria / TBK Office for Ecology and Landscape Planning, Wilhering, Austria (7.07 - 18.07.2008)
3. The "Impact of environmental factors on biodiversity", Institute of Biology Bucharest course (November 2008)
- Radu E., Dobre D., Isvoranu V., (2008) The monitoring of some physical, chemical and biodiversity parameters in Musura Gulf in 2005-2007 time range, in Journal of EcoAgroTourism, 4 (2), pp. 580-586, ISSN: 1841-642X.
- Radu E., (2008) Ecological education - a perspective for the sustainable development in Danube River Basin. IAD Limnol. Rep. 37, 232-236.
- Radu E., (2008) Ecological education - a perspective for the sustainable development in Danube River Basin, Chisinau, Rep. Moldova, 29.10 – 1.11.2008. Abstract book, p. 47.
- Zinevici V., Ionică D., Parpală L., Sandu C., Moldoveanu M., Dobre D., Isvoranu V., Florescu L., Radu E., Păceșilă I., (2007)- Aportul unor comunități de organisme acvatice la fluxul de energie din golful Musura (in print).
o 2 projects financed by the Romanian Academy (March-December 2007, 2007-2008):
-1. “Structural and functional diversity of aquatic communities in the Gulf Musura (the mouth of the Chilia and Sulina branches)” (2005-2007).
- 2. “Changes impact on hydro-ecological systems on the Sf.Gheorghe branch in the context of sustainable development” (2008-2010).
o 1 External grant funding: the BIOWETMAN project “A science based approach to understand biodiversity driven functions and services for wetland management” (2008-2009).
· Exchange experience practice in Ukrainian laboratories (2007) and preparing training in Austria (2008)
· Communication at international scientific events:
1. International Conference of New Research in Food and Tourism, Brasov, 4-7 iunie 2008:
Radu E., Dobre D., Isvoranu V., (2008) The monitoring of some physical, chemical and biodiversity parameters in Musura Gulf in 2005-2007 time range (poster)
2. 37th International IAD Conf. „The Danube River Basin in a changing world“, Chisinau, Rep. Moldova, 29.10 – 1.11.2008:
Radu E., (2008) Ecological education - a perspective for the sustainable development in Danube River Basin (poster).
· Communication at national scientific events:
1. The second edition of the training session on "Biodiversity and Global Climate Change", Odorheiu -Secuiesc, Harghita, 7-10 Octomber, 2008:
"The weed-bed fauna and its importance in aquatic ecosystems (case study: Danube Delta)" (lecturer and practical activities).
2. Open days of the Institute of Biology Bucharest, 17-18 November 2008:
"The weed-bed fauna and its importance in aquatic ecosystems from Danube Delta" (lecturer and practical activities).
3. Annual Session of the Institute of Biology Bucharest, 10 December 2008:
"Promoting environmental education in schools as a foundation of sustainable development" (poster).
· Participation in scientific workshops :
1. International Workshop “IAD cooperation in Mures catchment – future perspectives (29.03.2007)
2. International Workshop of the “SCOPES” project, “Ecological status of aquatic ecosystems in the Danube Delta under the present anthropogenic impact”, Bucuresti (13-15.03.2008)
3. International Workshop for the Danube Day celebration “Danube – Culture and Worlds” (27.06.2007)
4. International Workshop of the “BIOWETMAN – wetlands management and conservation” – project, Bucharest (19.02.2009)
- International Association for Danube Research (I.A.D.)
- Romanian Ecological Society (R.E.S.)
© 2008 Institute of Biology. All right reserved.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with
questions or comments about this web site.